August 28, 2007

Hendrik can read!

Recently we purchased the "Your Baby Can Read" DVD set. We have been watching it fairly faithfully with the kids and today I decided to try out the flash cards that came along with the set. Hendrik (who is 2 1/2) read the words "dog", "nose", and "clap". I was amazed. I didn't think he would have picked up words so quickly. I'm so excited that he's learning to read at such a young age. We are big book lovers at our house and it was a favourite pastime for me as a child. I have so many books saved up for our little ones once they are old enough to read them! :)

1 comment:

Erica said...

What fun!! I love to read. It's like Marty said in Love Comes Softly...well, I can't remember her exact words, but she aptly desribed how wonderful reading is. Now, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, because you can't bear to watch that movie, with it's horrible costuming! :D Simply makes me shiver every single time I see Marty at her husband's grave, when it's raining. Ugh.

Your cabin is going to be so wonderful when it's finished!

Now, should I be commenting on your other blog?

Erica from S&S