July 01, 2007

Happy Canada Day!

We just got back from watching the parade and the flag raising ceremony at the park. We're home grabbing a bite to eat and a nap and then we'll head back down later this afternoon for the community fish fry. The fish fry is the stuff of legends and it is every bit as good as people make it out to be. There is a secret recipe of course. They serve white fish, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, and coleslaw and literally the entire town shows up. There is great sadness if you can't be in town for Canada Day because it is just that good.

Here is a Canadian stereotype reinforcing picture of Dwayne and Hendrik from this morning. It is a really bright day today so everyone has funny squinted expressions but we had to take advantage of the photo op! :)


If you look carefully you can see most of the rest of the family in the background. My brother-in-law Micah is in the blue shirt holding the camera, my sister Lindsey is in the stripes, my sister Christen is in pink, you can see the top of my head, and beside me is my brother-in-law Andrew's head! My dad is taking the photo and my mom is in the air somewhere on her way home from Ontario and little Riley is in the stroller somewhere behind the guys.

No comments: