June 13, 2007

You can't outsmart a 2 year old for long...

Our bathroom door, hobby room door, and the door at the top of our stairs all have been installed those snap on child safe knobs. On the package it says to stop using them once your child has mastered opening the door with them on. That happened today but not in the way I had anticipated. I figured it would be a while before the little guy's hand would be big enough and strong enough to wrap his hands around the big white knob and squeeze and turn at the same time.

Never underestimate the ingenuity of a toddler.

I thought I saw him open the bathroom door but wasn't sure if I had closed it completely or not and so maybe he was just playing with the already open door. I closed the door and asked him to open it for me. He stuck his little index finger in the keyhole opening and gripped the knob inside while gripping the big white knob on the outside. He bypassed the whole squeezing bit on the outside. This only works if you have fingers the size of a 2 year old however. I tried it. No can do. I thought I had a year or so...

No comments: