May 21, 2007

Hendrik's First Haircut

Our little guy had his very first haircut on Thursday afternoon. My camera battery was dead and the charger had mysteriously vanished so my dad brought along his camera to document the big event. It was quite the production. Hendrik sat on the booster for the first 30 seconds then sat on Dwayne's lap for about half of the time and my dad's for the other half, while the other unoccupied adults were milling around taking photos, blowing bubbles to distract Hendrik, gathering curls to save for his baby book and checking to be sure Riley was still smiling, which of course, she was. Have I mentioned that we have been blessed with THE most mellow baby EVER? It's ridiculous. Then it was off to show off the haircut to Grandma and Aunty Christen and Aunty Hilary.

And, I'm sure the camera charger will turn up somewhere...like in a kitchen drawer or with the bath toys or in a sock drawer or something!

No comments: